BI Releases A Memo on Temporary Suspension of Visa Issuance and Visa-Free Privileges in the Philippines
In accordance with the DFA Foreign Service Circular No. 29-2020, the following visa categories are temporarily suspended, effective 0000H, 22 March 2020:
- Those under Visa Waiver Agreements
- Those who fall under EO No. 408, s. 1960 (EO408)
- Holders of Hong Kong-SAR, Macau-SAR, Macau-Portuguese, and British National Overseas passports
The following are exempted:
a. Foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals
- Foreign spouses and children should be traveling with the Filipino national to be exempted.
- Only foreign spouses and children who fall under EO 408 (non-visa required nationals) category shall be exempted.
b. Visas issued to Foreign Government and International Organization officials accredited by the Philippines.
*All previously-issued visas are deemed canceled, excluding the above-mentioned exemptions.