Our team of
can help you process your Philippine Visa
47a2 (PEZA) Visa
The 47a2 visa, through Section 47a2 of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended, is granted to foreign employees working for Regional Headquarters, Regional Operating Headquarters, or employees of PEZA and/or BOI-registered companies.
The 47a2 visa is company-specific, requires an employer’s sponsorship, and is coterminous with the contract, or term of office, or one year, whichever is shorter.
This visa limits the employment of foreign nationals to 5% of the total work force. This quota is applicable to supervisory, advisory, and technical job functions.
General documentary requirements for a 47a2 visa application
- Valid passport/s of foreign nationals (and his/her dependents; if any) subject of the application, and when required by the Department of Justice, his/her/their re-entry permit/s to port of embarkation or country of origin. (Original and photocopies of the pertinent pages);
- Marriage contract for dependent spouse;
- Birth certificate/s for dependent child/ren;
- Affidavit of support and guaranty of return fare by the sponsor/applicant if spouse or dependent child is included in the application.
The Department of Labor and Employment standardized the process for PEZA registered companies wishing to acquire the 47a2 visas for their foreign employees in excess of the 5% quota.
Below is the list of requirements for the application of 47a2 visas in excess of the 5% quota:
- Letter Request addressed to the Regional Director with the following details:
- Nature of business of the company
- Number of Filipino employees
- Number of foreign employees
- Number of foreign nationals, position with job function/description, and nationality
- Name of foreign national (if already hired) whom the company intends to hire in excess of the 5% limit
- Justification for hiring foreign nationals
- PEZA Endorsement
- List of foreign and local employees with position (foreign nationals in executive positions must be included in the list of employees)
- Proof that the company had tried on various occasions to fill its manpower requirements by seeking qualified Filipinos (e.g. proof of publication of vacancy, engagement of intermediaries, job boards, etc.
47a2 (PEZA) Visa Services in the Philippines FAQs
Who can obtain 47a2 PEZA visa in the Philippines?
Foreign nationals can obtain a 47a2 PEZA visa in the Philippines if they fulfill any of these qualifications:
- Employed as executive, supervisor, specialist, consultant or special staff of a company registered with PEZA or BOI
- Employed by an enterprise with existing agreement/s with the Philippine government
- Exchange professors, scholars, trainees, and social workers under sponsorship
- Those who were approved by the President to be eligible to apply for a 47a2 PEZA visa
What are the requirements for 47a2 PEZA visa in the Philippines?
The specific list of requirements will depend on the Philippine Embassy or Consulate evaluating your application. But generally, the requirements for obtaining a 47a2 PEZA visa in the Philippines are as follows:
- Valid passport of foreign national and dependents (if any)
- Marriage contract for dependent spouse
- Birth certificates of dependent/s
- Affidavit of support and guarantee of return fare by the sponsor (if spouse and/or dependent are included in the application).
How to apply for 47a2 PEZA visa in the Philippines?
The 47a2 PEZA visa is a special visa, and requires sponsorship from the hiring company to be eligible for application.