BI Releases a Memo on Temporary Suspension of BI Transactions in Luzon and Visa Extension Applications in the Philippines
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) releases a memorandum on the temporary suspension of all transactions in BI offices in Luzon, effective 12:00 AM on 17 March and expiring on 12:00 AM on 13 April 2020, except for passengers intending to depart the Philippines.
- Filing of applications for extension of/ conversion to non-immigrant/ immigrant visa including hearing/ interview
- Filing of applications regarding Filipino citizenship including RA 9225 and hearing/ interview
- Filing of downgrading of visa status
- Filing for extension of Tourist Visa
- Filing of applications for Special Work Permits / Provisional Work Permits
- Filing for the renewal of ACR I-Cards
- Implementation of BOC-approved visa applications for extension of/ conversion to non-immigrant/ immigrant visas
VISA EXTENSION APPLICATION
All foreign nationals whose visas will expire during the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) shall be allowed to file their applications for extension, provided they file their applications within thirty (30) days from the lifting of the ECQ.