SEC Releases Filing Modes of Annual Reports in the Philippines
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), in a notice dated August 11, 2020, has issued further extended deadlines for the submission of Annual Reports (AR) in the Philippines. The circular likewise reiterates the guidelines on the filing process through various modes for the compliance of concerned corporations.
The following corporations shall comply with the newly-issued extended deadlines and filing modes for AFS and GIS submissions:
- Corporations with FY ending with the ff.:
- November 30, 2019
- December 31, 2019
- January 31, 2020
- February 29, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- April 30, 2020
- May 31, 2020
- June 30, 2020
- Corporations with annual stockholders’/members’ meetings held during the ECQ and MECQ period in the National Capital Region (NCR) and other cities or provinces where their respective principal offices are located.
MODES OF ANNUAL REPORT FILING
SEC Main Office
Corporations seeking to submit their reports to the SEC Main Office shall only be allowed to do so through the following modes under the SEC Express Nationwide Submission (SENS):
- Registered Mail
The following shall be observed upon submission through the SENS Facility:
- Accomplished application form via SENS website
- Print the generated mailing label, checklist, and undertaking form
- Bring the printout and documents to any courier of the Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost)
- Settle payment for the courier fees
Corporations are required to submit three (3) copies of each report. An optional additional copy shall be submitted for receipt of return copy.
Copies of AFS, GIS, and other documents, plain or authenticated, may be requested via the SEC Express System (SES) after two (2) months from the date of receipt. Return copies may also be requested by including prepaid return envelopes with stamps in their submissions.
SEC Extension Offices
Corporations outside NCR may submit the hard copies of their AFS and GIS via the following modes:
- Submission in person to the nearest SEC Extension Office, subject to any travel restrictions and public health protocols
*These modes shall no longer require the use of the SENS Facility.
Email Submissions (Optional)
Scanned copies of the reports, duly signed and, if applicable, notarized, may be submitted in advance to the following email addresses:
The date indicated under the Acknowledgment Receipt (AC) that SEC will send via email shall be considered as the date of receipt of the reports.
Hard copies of the reports with the AC must be submitted to the following offices through their respective filing modes:
- SEC Main Office through SENS
- SEC Extension Office via courier/mail/submission in person
Submission of the reports must fall on or before the adjusted deadlines indicated under this circular.