Tax Incentives & Consulting in the Philippines
K&C tax lawyers are committed to addressing risks and identifying opportunities and will assist you in choosing a tax effective structure for your business, planning your inbound investment and market entry strategy in the Philippines, and help determine your eligibility for investment incentives granted under Philippine law.
Our tax team will identify Special Economic Zones and buildings where businesses and individuals are allowed to avail of special tax breaks in Makati, Manila, Ortigas, Eastwood, Cebu, Subic, Clark, Cagayan, Davao, and Fort Bonifacio (Taguig).
Tax Incentive Registration:
- PEZA - Philippine Economic Zone Authority
- BOI - Board of Investments
- CEZA - Cagayan Economic Zone Authority
- TIEZA - Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority
Tax Lawyers and Tax Consultants will perform the following:
- Determine eligibility for PEZA, BOI, CEZA, TIEZA, or other incentive programs
- Process all required documents
- Identify tax risks
- Choose effective tax structure
- Address international and double taxation issues
The Philippine government imposes income tax, VAT (value added tax), estate and donor's tax, excise taxes, documentary stamp tax, and percentage taxes in the Philippines. Local governments impose local business taxes and real property taxes as well.
Foreign and local businesses in the Philippines that qualify and are registered for tax incentives can avail of income tax holidays and this may be followed by a special tax rate of 5% in lieu of any and all taxes if the business is located in a Philippine Special Economic Zone (PEZA).