Government Agencies

Our team of


can help you register your business in the Philippines

Registration with Government Agencies in the Philippines

There are a number of government agencies you must register with when starting a business in the Philippines. It is essential to register your business to avoid any legal problems once business operations begin. In addition, it’s common practice for competitors and employees to see if you have all the necessary registrations completed. If not, this may be an opportunity for them to disrupt your operations by notifying the proper authorities. Below are the government agencies that you have to contact in order to give your business a legal identity.

  • Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) – This is the government agency where single proprietorship enterprises register and secure its  certificate of registration.
  • Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) –  This is the government agency responsible for the registration and supervision of all corporations and partnerships organized in the Philippines. Licensing of representative offices and branch offices is likewise under this agency.
  • Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) – This is the government agency mandated by the law to assess and collect all national internal revenue taxes, fees, and all charges. All types of business entities are required to be registered here.
  • Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – DOLE promotes gainful employment opportunities, protects workers, and promotes their welfare, develop human resources, and maintain industrial peace. DOLE likewise handles the issuance of Alien Employment Work Permits (AEP).
  • Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) – This is the government agency which requires all employees to be registered. The National Health Insurance Program under this aimed at providing health insurance coverage and ensure affordable health care services for all the citizens of the Philippines.
  • Social Security System (SSS) – This is the government agency where employers and employees are required to be registered. Funded through mandatory payroll contribution, this is where citizens who are retired, currently unemployed or unemployable due to disability are assisted.
  • Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) – This is the government agency which accredits all types of cooperatives in the Philippines.
  • Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) – This is the government agency where employees who are members of the Social Security System (SSS) are required to register.
  • Various Local Government Units – Where local government permits and licences necessary for the operation of the business are secured.
Government Agencies-Kittelson-Carpo-Consulting

Register your business in the Philippines with speed and ease

InCorp Philippines is a distinguished business consulting firm in the Philippines with expertise in providing seamless and transparent business solutions. 

Contact Us